The Liturgy Committee endeavors to facilitate liturgical and worship celebrations that will keep the liturgical life of the parish alive and vibrant. It attempts to strengthen the parish as a community, and spiritually nourish that community. The committee meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Pastoral Center conference room. The committee also oversees all of its subcommittees. The following are brief descriptions of the Liturgical Ministries and subcommittees.
1. Liturgical Ministries Subcommittees. Each subcommittee plans training sessions for the ministries to provide both the theological and spiritual aspects of the ministry as well as the practical how-to knowledge. Each subcommittee also provides information to the parish staff about scheduling requests and recruitment for special liturgies and occasions
a. Readers 8th grade and up, Training session offered throughout year. Scheduled to read every 2nd or 3rd weekend at Masses you prefer. Must practice readings at home
b. Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist Age 18 and up (16 & 17 see Youth Minister Training sessions are offered yearly. Scheduled to distribute the Bread and Wine every 2nd or 3rd weekend at Masses you prefer.
c. Ushers--Men, women and young people, grades 9th and up--Greet, seat, direct, collect and hand out bulletins. Usher at at the Mass you prefer.
d. Altar Servers grades 5 to 12 Mandatory training sessions needed before scheduled to serve. Servers are sheduled to serve Mass every 3rd or 4th weekend at Massesas they prefer.
e. Music ministry falls under the oversight of the Liturgy committee. See the various Music Ministry webpages at the left for detailed information.
2. Liturgy of the Word with Children Many hands needed to make this special celebration at the 9:00 am possible. People are needed to be Coordinators, Presiders, Music Ministers, Readers, Homilists, and Escorts.
3. Advent/Christmas Planning Committee Plan the special liturgical celebrations during Advent and Christmas,through the Baptism of the Lord. Some of these include Evening Prayer, Penance Service, Flowers and decorations, special music, prepare and/or purchase a booklet for the parish with seasonal reflections and the parish schedule for events for the season.
4. Lent/Triduum/Easter/Pentecost Planning Committee Plan the special liturgical celebrations during Lent and Easter, through Pentecost. Some of these include Evening Prayer, Penance Service, Flowers and decorations, special music, prepare and/or purchase a booklet for the parish with seasonal reflections and the parish schedule of events for the season.
5. Environment-Flowers and decorations in the Church and chapel and other activities to enhance and maintain the beauty of our worship space.
For more information, please refer to our Parish bulletin for contact information or email Kim Weiss, Liturgy Chairperson, at email@example.com or call: 443-745-6019.